The wind technology, or the wind engineering
is an interdisciplinary field that deals with near-ground atmospheric wind and its effect in the built environment. Wind generates enormous forces during storms. It can set structures in motion and also cause extensive damage to structures and people. It is responsible for the transport of dust and pollutants, but it also generates energy and can improve the urban climate. Thus, wind plays an important role in our environment and in the design of structures.
Fields of application include
Statics and Dynamics - Meteorology - Fluid Mechanics - Design - Structural Engineering - Metrology
Founding of the WTG
The Windtechnologische Gesellschaft (Wind Technology Society) was founded on July 6, 1987, on the occasion of the "7th International Conference on Wind
As a non-profit association with headquarters in Aachen, it has set itself the goal of promoting wind technology in the German-speaking areas.
Purposes and objectives:
- Promote communication between representatives of science, technology, industry and government agencies.
- Fostering cooperation with national and international societies and organizations
- Publication of WTG-Berichten and WTG-Mitteilungen
- Organisation of Conferences and Workshops
- Establishment of D-A-CH-Working groups (Deutschland-Österreich-Schweiz)
What does the WTG do?
- Publication of the WTG-Berichte, in which the contributions made at the WTG-D-A-CH conferences are included. They deal with recent findings in the field of wind technology especially with practical applications and experiences. Furthermore, contributions on the development of wind load standardization are included.
- Publication of WTG-Mitteilungen with current information to the members
- Contacts with other national and international organizations
- The WTG organizes regular Conferences und Workshops, at which open questions of wind engineering are discussed. These conferences promote the exchange of experience between science and practice.
- Representation of the interests of wind technology in the political and economic field
- Initiation of scientific investigations and experimental programs, as well as interlaboratory tests and benchmarks
- Collecting German-language literature in the field of wind technology